Revision Rhinoplasty Washington DC
It can be a extremely upsetting to undergo nose surgery and then be left shocked and unhappy with the result. In fact, the shape or appearance of the nose could lead to even more self-consciousness than prior to the operation. Dr. Chang is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is considered to be one of the top providers of revision rhinoplasty Washington DC & Maryland have to offer. He performs revision rhinoplasty surgeries to correct prior surgery or a result that did not meet your expectations.
Was Your Nose Surgery Botched?
You may have had nose surgery that you believe was incorrectly performed, as the result is nothing like you had imagined. The result could be due to one of the following issues:
- Your nose did not heal properly.
- Your expectations went beyond what was possible (rare).
- You had an inexperienced surgeon who made errors.There were technical problems with your procedure.
- Your surgeon did not listen to you, and chose a different shape and size than you discussed.You and your surgeon did not have a common understanding of the goals and plan.
- You had post operative surgical complications.
- The surgery was overly aggressive and created a result that was shockingly different.
- After surgery, your nose was too small.
- After surgery, your nose was too large.
- After surgery, your nose was misshapen or gave you breathing problems.
- Your expectations went beyond what was possible.
Restoring Your Nose After a Previous Rhinoplasty
Depending upon what occurred in your first surgery, various procedures may be necessary to correct the appearance or functionality of your nose. Dr. Chang is a highly-skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon who is often called upon by patients who are displeased with the results of an earlier rhinoplasty. He performs various procedures to correct any problem and gives you the nose that you have been seeking. So, if you are ready to move forward with your procedure, schedule a consultation with one of the top providers of the revision rhinoplasty Washington DC & Maryland have to offer today.
Why Have Revision Rhinoplasty?
There are many issues our patients present to us, but typically, revision rhinoplasty is requested for the following aesthetic problems:
- The nose looks unnatural.
- The bump on the bridge of the nose was not resolved.
- The bridge was overly reduced and collapsed (called “saddle nose”).
- Crooked or uneven tip.
- Uneven nose shape or bridge.
- Nose is too big.
- Nose is too small.
- Breathing problems after surgery.
What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Nose Job
If you have had rhinoplasty surgery and are displeased with the outcome, something can be done about it. Generally, the corrective surgery will be easier to perform, depending upon the situation. If your nose is too small for your face, it may require a longer procedure, as cartilage may need to be harvested from another part of your body to rebuild the nose structure. This is a type of reconstructive surgery and requires a high level of skill. Dr. Chang has been trained in advanced craniofacial surgery, and can meet with you to evaluate your individual situation and advise you about what corrective surgical technique will be required to bring about the result you initially wanted.
How is revision rhinoplasty performed?
The procedure will vary from patient to patient, but generally involves removing any remaining cartilage that should have been removed in the first surgery. This is the simplest of the procedures that may be necessary. In cases in which too much nose structure was removed, a more complicated surgical process will be necessary, possibly requiring building up the bone and cartilage structure that was removed. If the skin on the nose is very tight and stretched, special procedures may be necessary to restore a natural appearance to your nose and face. No matter what issue you are dealing with, we have the knowledge and skill to advise you of the procedures needed to resolve your problem.
Revising an Earlier Nose Surgery
When taking the steps to get a “nose job,” the expectation is that you will be thrilled with the result, and happy to see a more balanced, well-shaped, and natural looking nose. Generally, a successful rhinoplasty will give you the following outcome:
- A well-functioning nose.
- A nose that is in balance with your face, and suits your unique features.
- A nose that looks natural.
- A nose that enhances the appearance of your face.
Selecting a surgeon for revision rhinoplasty
In cases of revision rhinoplasty Maryland, the skill of your plastic surgeon could not be more important. In fact, even for a first rhinoplasty, as this is one of the more difficult plastic surgery procedures, you need to be fully confident in the skills of your surgeon. Dr. Chang is a highly-skilled, experienced surgeon who is particularly capable in revising nose surgeries that went wrong. We invite you to have a free initial consultation with us so we can evaluate your condition and advise you about what can be done to give you the nose you wanted – in the first place! We listen, we care, and we are known for our excellent surgical work in revision rhinoplasty, as well as our warm, compassionate and caring approach.