PRACTICE POLICY UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Updated April 2nd, 2020
After serious consideration and in line with the recommendations of our State and Centers for Disease Control (CDC), we are closing the practice until April 24th.
Your health and well-being is our primary concern and we want to do our part to make sure that you are protected.
Effective immediately the following will occur:
- All procedures and in-person consultations will be suspended until at least April 24th.
- The office will be minimally or remotely staffed, and we will see our urgent post-surgical follow-ups.
- We are instituting Virtual Consultations for all potential patients.
- Many surgeries are rescheduled and some of the ones that are committed will occur on a per case basis.
- No patient will have any financial recourse for rescheduling their procedures.
We are constantly updating our services and staffing according to the local and national recommendations and will always place your health and well-being as our top priority.
We continue to exercise all the latest recommendations that are handed down by the CDC. These include:
- Staff have been fully informed and trained to understand the disease process and its modes of transmission.
- All staff, vendors and ancillary personnel are being asked to refrain from coming to this office if they have any signs or symptoms of a cold or an upper respiratory tract infection.
- Every patient is also being asked to refrain from coming to the office if they have any symptoms.
- We are asking our patients about any pertinent travel history.
- Hand-washing continues to be the most important mode of prevention. Although it is a part of what we constantly do, now we are doing so with heightened vigilance and attention.
- We have instituted a “no handshakes no hug” policy for now.
- We have asked all vendors that any unnecessary meetings are canceled until further notice.
- Any exit and entrance from our office are followed by a protocol of changing shoes, scrubs and sanitization.
- As we are an accredited medical facility, we are constantly sanitizing all surfaces. We have now vamped that up and our routine, multiple times a day, wiping down all surfaces, desks, door handles, keyboards and restroom facilities. We have assigned a person that does so on a constant basis.
Although Covid-19 is a serious issue, we strongly believe that it will pass and hopefully make our infrastructure and our ability to deal with pandemics in this Country even better than it currently is. We are monitoring this situation on a real-time basis and will not sit back until we know that we have done everything possible to avoid unnecessary exposure.
Here are some links that might be useful:
- Virginia Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to answer your questions
Call us at (888) 413-3923