Breast Reduction Washington DC
Overly large breasts can cause pain and discomfort and make a woman feel self-conscious about her appearance. Breasts that are too big can appear out of proportion with the rest of the body, limit the clothes you can wear, and make you appear heavy. Furthermore, they can cause hygiene problems, skin rashes and back pain.
Breast reduction surgery can reshape the breasts and reduce their size for a more balanced and graceful profile. It can also alleviate pain and discomfort associated with overdeveloped breasts.
If your breasts are larger and heavier than you would like for them to be, call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Christopher C. Chang. We serve the entire Washington, D.C. area, including Fairfax, Maryland, and Northern Virginia.
Dr. Chang has extensive training and experience in plastic surgery of the breasts. He is attentive to symmetry and detail and committed to surgical excellence. With his open manner and down-to-earth approach, Dr. Chang’s patients are comfortable with him as a surgeon, and appreciate his warm, caring demeanor.
Health Issues with Overly Large Breasts
In addition to aesthetic issues with breasts that are too large for your frame, heavy breasts can cause health problems that breast reduction surgery can alleviate, including:
- Chronic pain: The weight of heavy breasts can cause strain on the neck, back, and shoulders, resulting in chronic pain, and sometimes headaches.
- Poor posture: Heavy breasts can cause poor posture, including rolling the shoulders forward, which can put pressure on the thoracic outlet (blood vessels and nerves between the collar bone and the first rib), compress nerves and blood vessels, and cause pain and tingling in the upper extremities.
- Grooves in the shoulders: The weight of heavy breasts pulling on the bra straps, day after day, can cut deep, painful, grooves in the shoulders.
- Skin irritation: Rashes and skin irritation underneath the breasts, including heat rash, are common in very large-breasted women. It is difficult to keep the area under the breasts cool and dry when sweat cannot evaporate. Spillage out of a bra cup can also cause chafing on the sides of the breasts.
Benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery
With breast reduction surgery, Dr. Chang can make your breasts smaller, firmer, and lighter, eliminate sagging, and improve the symmetry of your breasts. In addition to relieving the pain and discomfort caused by overly large breasts, this procedure can have significant cosmetic benefits, including:
- Lifted, firmer breasts for a more youthful appearance
- More balanced and attractive silhouette with better proportioned breasts
- Large nipples and stretched areolas can be reduced in the same procedure
- Clothes look, feel, and fit better to boost your confidence
When medically necessary, breast reduction surgery may be covered by health insurance. Don’t suffer any longer with breasts that are causing you pain, and detracting from your appearance. Dr. Christopher C. Chang can perform a breast reduction procedure to relieve your pain and discomfort and lighten your breasts, for a more feminine and youthful profile.