Thigh Lift Washington DC
The thighs are a problem area for many women. Weight gain, pregnancy, or genetics can result in unattractive, bulging thighs that are difficult to fully conceal with clothing. Many women are unhappy with unwanted fat deposits on the thighs and dream of getting rid of the bulging fatty areas and restoring a firmer, more fit appearance to the area. Dr. Chang is one of the premier surgeons performing thigh lift Washington DC has to offer.
The upper legs can be frustratingly resistant to diet and exercise, and with age, the thighs can become even more problematic. Cellulite, fat cells, and excess skin begin to accumulate in the area, making a person appear older, heavier, and less fit.
Fortunately, thigh lift surgery is a solution for many people. In this procedure, excess skin and fat are removed from the inner or outer thighs to create smoother skin and more attractive contours in the upper legs and lower body.
If you believe you could benefit from a thigh lift, schedule a consultation with Dr. Christopher C. Chang. Dr. Chang is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving Maryland, Northern Virginia, and the entire Washington DC metro area. He has extensive experience and training, and his professional credentials from Harvard, Yale, NYU, John Hopkins, and other distinguished institutions have made him the surgeon of choice for women in the area. He is driven to be the top option for thigh lift Washington DC patients have available.
How is thigh lift procedure performed?
There are two basic thigh lift Washington DC procedures, for the inner and outer thighs. These may performed with or without liposuction:
- Medial (Inner) Thigh Lift: An incision is made in the groin and excess fat and skin are surgically removed from the inner thigh area. Liposuction may be included in the procedure. The groin-to-knee area is recontoured, and the incision is closed.
- Lateral (Outer) Thigh Lift: This is a more complex procedure that requires more tissue removal and may involve recontouring the buttocks in addition to the outer thighs. The incision will extend from the groin around the hip. Incisions for this procedure can be extensive, although they can be strategically placed where they will be hidden by most clothing.
Thigh lift surgery in Washington, D.C.
A thigh lift can help you achieve firmer, shapelier, more attractive upper legs. After careful evaluation and consultation, Dr. Christopher C. Chang can tell you if you are a good candidate for this procedure and advise you of the procedure to resolve fat and excess skin on your thighs. Dr. Chang is known for being ahead of the curve in his professional skills, and to provide all procedures with a focus on creating a beautiful, natural-looking result.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Washington DC Thigh Lift?
Any patient in good general health who has bulging, “saddlebag” thighs may be a good candidate for this procedure. You might consider a thigh lift if:
- The effects of aging have left you with cellulite, sagging, and loose skin on the thighs
- You have succeeded in your weight loss and fitness goals and want your thighs to match the rest of your body
- Clothes do not fit properly as a result of heavy thighs
- Your bulging thighs make you feel self-conscious about your body